The one good thing about currently being stuck in Seattle for work is getting a chance to attend the Grand Opening of Funko’s new HQ. If you are in the area or made plans to travel and attend this Saturday, here are a few things youll need to know.
Most of this info is on their blog in various posts so we tried to sum it all up here. The main thing is it is going to be a ticketed event. Tickets are free on a first come first served basis.
- Due to anticipated attendance, entry into the Funko HQ Grand Opening will be a ticketed event!
- Tickets distribution will begin at 7:00am in the Wetmore Plaza area (the public space on Wetmore Ave north of Funko HQ, on the other side of California St) until all tickets are claimed. You will see a table and sign for ticket distribution in this area.
- Tickets are for one person for one trip through the store. You must be present at ticket distribution to receive a ticket. You will not be able to save a spot in line for somebody else.
- A new group will enter the store at the top of every hour between 10am and 7pm. The store will be cleared between each session. You will have one hour to browse, shop and experience Funko HQ!
- You will not be able to line up for your session until the previous session has entered the store. For example, the 11am session will not be able to line up until the 10am session has entered the store.
- Do not camp out or form a line outside the Funko HQ Wetmore Ave entrance before you have a ticket. Forming a line outside the store will not guarantee you first admittance into the store, as you will need a ticket for entry. Please follow the ticket distribution procedures above to gain entry to the Funko HQ store.
- Please avoid bringing oversized bags/luggage to the event. There will be limited storage space outside the store while you shop (based on availability). You will only be able to bring in a small purse/handbag inside the store. No backpacks or large bags will be permitted.
- Strollers will not be permitted inside the store. Stroller parking will be available outside the store entrance.
- Funko will not be held responsible for lost or stolen goods.
- The store will also be open on Sunday, 11:00AM-7:00PM.
- Regular store hours beginning August 21, 2017:
Here are a few exclusives that will be available for purchase at our Grand Opening!
Exclusives will be limited to one of each per customer.
Funko HQ Freddy Dorbz
Freddy Funko with Space Needle Pop!
Emerald Chrome Freddy Funko Pop!
Glow-in-the-Dark Green Sike-O-Shriner Pop!
Silver Robot Freddy Funko Pop!
And check out this FREE gift with purchase, while supplies last!
White Knight Freddy Pint Size Hero & Commemorative Pin Set
It’s your chance to meet Brian Mariotti – he’ll be signing outside of the store from 11am-1pm!
Look for our special Snapchat Geofilters if you’re in attendance that day! Use hashtag #FunkoHQ when you post your photos and reactions!!
Here’s a map so you can see where the road closures are, along with other key spots (click on the map for a bigger version)!